Your purpose (in a nutshell)
Group IT Change, which includes the IT portfolio team, owns the governance of all strategic investment for the Global IT function, and defines and maintains standards for project/program management. Within the IT Portfolio team, we play a crucial role in ensuring that the change initiative portfolio successfully delivers the Group IT strategic priorities.
The Portfolio Managerrole reports into Group Head of IT Change and is focused on leading a matrix group team that supports the organisation in achieving strategic goals by providing best in class project & programme & portfolio management (PPPM) services.
The Portfolio Manager is the functional leader of portfolio delivery and governance across the organisation. The role will provide advice and guidance, monitoring and assurance, advocacy and education with respect to the change portfolio, programmes, projects, and their delivery, all concerned stakeholders at all levels. Additionally, this will include a reporting framework focussed on value added advice and early identification of risk and issues for the change portfolio and all major programmes and projects across the organisation.
You have an overall responsibility for ensuring all Company standards, policies and procedures are satisfactorily met on projects and where gaps exist, ensure an appropriate plan of action was identified and initiated to bridge these gaps. It is important that you ensure all regulatory/ legislative requirements are satisfactorily met and hold others accountable for ensuring such requirements are not breached during the portfolio/ programme works.
You will be accountable for:
Partnering with selected markets and functions, organisation wide Portfolio Management capability that includes:
- Supporting the building of portfolios and prioritising initiatives based on strategic alignment.
- Identifying and measuring initiative financial and non-financial benefits, and tracking benefits realisation.
- Reviewing Business Cases for submission and approval and ensuring appropriate funding in place.
- Providing insight into the portfolio delivery status. You will assess whether initiatives are on-track as well as anticipating and helping to manage potential roadblocks for successful delivery.
- Reporting and managing portfolio-wide interdependencies, risks and issues.
- Assessing portfolio ‘do-ability’, including dependencies and resource constraints.
- Communicating portfolio health, delivery progress, financials and progress against strategies to leadership.
- Bringing information and key decisions to governance forums. You will play an essential part in ensuring effective governance, providing challenge and analysis before governance meetings and ensuring key issues are raised for discussion.
- Providing portfolio briefings to senior leaders as required.
- Supporting further evolution of governance model and leading the development of portfolio management capabilities.
- Ensuring adherence to programme management standards and helping to further develop standards.
- Leading the implementation and management of portfolio, programme and project governance frameworks and development of appropriate reporting tools which deliver value to the organisation
- Developing and implementing project portfolio prioritisation methodologies
- Coaching and mentoring project sponsors and senior managers so that they become familiar with change and portfolio standards
Relationship management that includes:
- Establishing and maintaining close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Building appropriate “peer to peer” relationships with other senior managers and key stakeholders
- Ensuring that the relationship between IT Change and its key stakeholders is positive and constructive
- Represent IT Change at appropriate meetings, workshops, conferences and other company events, with this to guarantee that professional image is conveyed in public forums – with special regard to change management related forums such as Group Change Board, Digital Change Board
- Proactively working with senior stakeholders (Project Sponsors, Steering Committees Members, Senior Management) to seek for feedback on the team and individuals’ performance and reacting accordingly
- Working in close co-operation with market PMOs, PM Lead and BA Lead to ensure synergies between all strategic initiatives