Your new purpose (in a nutshell)
To manage the Financial Control Framework (FCF) and act as group expert to overseas teams (including new markets and acquisitions), in order that FCF controls and systems are in place, managed and functioning effectively at all times.
What you will be required to deliver in your role
- Manage the Group Financial Controls Framework (FCF), and act as a key Group contact for all FCF matters, in order to ensure that key financial controls and governance are in place and are functioning effectively at all times
- Maintain a standardised approach for reviewing quarterly balance sheet reconciliations for all Group reporting units, ensuring any reconciling items are being managed on a proactive basis
- Develop, maintain and perform a periodic review cycle of all components of the FCF and deliver effective MI, to ensure that Group governance and financial controls are operating effectively and Group level control is maintained so that the risk of material misstatement in group financial information is minimised
- Ensure a procedure is in place to maintain the FCF approach so the required standards are met
- Provide expert advice and guidance to overseas FCF contacts to ensure strong financial controls are in place
- Oversee the development and implementation of an effective FCF for all new markets and acquisitions
- Establish good working relations with the Overseas FCF contacts and relevant departments outside of core finance e.g. Fraud, Field operations, Internal Audit, Compliance and Risk etc.
- Manage the impact of any planned product or IT system changes across the Group, on the existing accounting and control procedures, modifying and implementing changes as appropriate
- Document and ensure on-going updating of policies and procedures, ensuring that they are used as appropriate both in UK and overseas teams at all times, to ensure that consistency is achieved across the Group and that control risk is minimised and monitored
- Work with local market teams to collate information in order to produce the monthly Operational Finance MI
- Provide support to overseas Operational Finance teams resolving queries in timely manner
- Monitor and maintain the software used for the purposed of automatic reconciliations
What skills will you have?
· Recognised accounting qualification [ACA / CIMA / ACCA]
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Effective organisation and time management
· Analysis and problem solving skills
· Strong coaching skills
· Risk focused with an ability to identify and resolve the key issues.
· Fluent English written and verbal communication skills
· Flexible approach, to ensure reporting deadlines are met and overseas support is delivered as required
· Detailed financial control knowledge with an ability to design / identify and implement appropriate systems and controls.
· Strong demonstrable numeracy skills at appropriate level
· Preparing and reviewing reconciliations.
· Regular overseas travel will be required.
· Tenacity to resolve issues and ensure they are resolved to a satisfactory conclusion